- No products in the cart.
Tropiflora maintains distinct pricing for both retail and wholesale. Wholesale pricing is intended for resellers only. We do not currently require proof of resale intent, we depend on your honesty and we have certain minimum purchase requirements that help ensure that our wholesale pricing goes only to legitimate resellers. Note that if we suspect the plants are for personal use and not resale, we may ask for your reseller information. It is our intent to restrict wholesale pricing to resellers only. A large retail purchase does not qualify for wholesale pricing.
Prices on this website cancel all previously published prices or oral quotes.
Coupons, VIPP benefits and Guarantee on this website apply to retail purchases only.
Minimum requirements for wholesale purchasing:
- $100 minimum purchase.
- 10 plants per variety minimum purchase ($1 & under)
- 5 plants per variety minimum purchase (over $1, to $5)
- 2 plants per variety minimum purchase (over $5, to $25)
Note that wholesale customers may use the shipping information provided in the shopping cart to determine your shipping charges. Shipping charges include the carrier’s charges, the box, packing materials and chemical heaters or cold packs as may be required. However, please note that since all charges are estimates based on average size plants, there are bound to be inaccuracies. Should actual shipping be more than reflected by the shopping cart, we will bill the difference and charge actual shipping costs. Please also note that we will add a box charge to orders shipped on the customer’s account number, c.o.d. or when boxes are requested for pick up orders.
Items picked up at the nursery are sleeved free, as needed. Waxed flats are billed at $1.00 each. Boxes, if required, are billed at cost.
Carriage and delivery fees are billed at $20 for the first ten miles plus $1.00 per mile over ten miles, round trip, based on Google map calculations.
Bromeliad shipments to Hawaii and all plant shipments to Arizona require a phytosanitary certificate from the State of Florida, which presently costs $60. Arizona shipments must be sent to an approved receiving location for inspection. For bromeliad orders to Hawaii, you must also supply us with a copy of your current import permit. Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands may require a phytosanitary certificate as well. All shipments to countries other than the U.S. require a phytosanitary certificate.
Supplies and Books
Supplies and Books are normally shipped separately from plants. On occasion we can slip in some small items or a book with plants, but generally these are shipped separately. We recommend that you choose the cheapest method for shipping your supplies, from the shipping menu.
Foreign Orders: You may use the shipping options menu for an estimate of your shipping charges, but if for any reason actual shipping should vary you will be billed accordingly. Foreign plant shipments are usually sent by Express Mail Service where available, books and supplies by surface mail. Please include your import permit as may be required. Phytosanitary certificates are $60 when needed.
- We accept major credit cards; VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Pay Pal is accepted.
- Money orders or checks are accepted, but we reserve the right to hold your shipment until the check clears the bank.
- Wire Transfers to our bank may be made. Please email for instructions.
- Cash is not accepted through the mail. Cash payment by walk in clients is always welcome.
- Please note that we cannot accept payments by C.O.D. at this time.
Is wholesale purchasing right for you?
The upside of wholesale purchasing:
- Lower prices. Average wholesale plant prices range from 30% to 50% less than retail, sometimes more. Our retail prices are lower than most, so with that in mind you can easily mark up your selling price 100% to 200% or more and still remain locally competitive. Note that not all plants have wholesale pricing. Some rare or very limited plants are not available at special wholesale pricing.
- Priority handling. We take care of our wholesale customers first. Wholesale orders are given priority for pulling, packing and shipping.
- Availability information. A list of deeply discounted wholesale items is sent out each Monday morning at 9 a.m. EST/EDT to all those on our wholesale list who opt in.
- Credit availability. While we restrict the amount of credit we extend, normally institutional clients, zoos, schools, gardens, and government agencies for example, may have limited credit if a purchase order is submitted. Please make prior arrangements with our business department.
The downside of wholesale purchasing:
If you are a legitimate wholesale client, there is no downside. However, if you are thinking that this would be a good way to build and maintain a collection cheaply, keep the following facts in mind:
- Minimum purchases as outlined above are enforced. We will not sell individual plants on a wholesale basis.
- Shipping is at buyer’s expense. Due to our pricing structure, we cannot absorb any of the shipping costs.
- No guarantee. We stand behind our product’s quality as always, but cannot replace items for reasons beyond our control. Shipping is at buyer’s risk. We are not responsible for damage or delays incurred in shipment.
- All sales final. Suitability for intended use is up to the customer to determine before the order is placed. If a product is not ‘what you thought it would be’, we will not accept returns.